College of Architecture


JUNE 1941

Adamson University opened its School of Architecture offering a four-year course. A small Quonset hut situated at the St. Vincent Quadrangle which is now the present gymnasium, was the site of the School of Architecture. There was only a one session class.

Paul Rosenfeld served as its first head from 1941 to 1942 and succeeded by Louis Croft from 1942 to 1946, and  Carlos Da Silva from 1950 to 1968. Goduardo A. Santos served from 1968 - 1980 and  during his term, the School of Architecture started to offer the morning, afternoon and evening classes. The tremendous increase of student's populace and the demands for more qualified faculty members has initiated the transferring of the School of Architecture to its present site at the Cardinal Santos Building.

The Five-year curriculum for Architecture was implemented in the First Semester, School Year 1980-1981., and as years passed from 1982 to 1998, in the time of President Rev. Fr. Leandro Monteñana, CM, the School of Architecture was elevated then to College of Architecture.

The College then has produced topnotchers here and abroad, by Arch. Nino Ramores last 2004 and Arch. Gil O. Ysita last November 2010. Other who made in the Top 10 list are Arch. David Montojo as Top 3 (2003), Arch. Jennifer Escultor as Top 3- 2005, Arch. Frederick Sajonia as top 6 - 2007, Arch. Zaldy Imperial as top 10 - 2008, Arch. Arnel Punzalan as top 6 - 2009(abroad), Arch. Marlon Lascano as top 5 - December 2011(abroad), and just recently Arch. Leonard Briones as top 8 - 2012.

The College has produced top caliber Architects in the Profession and Architect-leaders in Government service as well. Moreover, in the pursuit of excellence, modern facilities  will not suffice without the men and women imparting and guiding its uses. Still, the educators, who are selfless in their desire to transfer the knowledge and experience, remain the heart, the moving spirit of the College. They fulfill the founding vision of Adamson.

INSTRUCTION

                The BS Architecture program  includes general education, technical courses (mathematics, natural sciences, basic engineering sciences, professional, allied, and technical elective courses, architecture comprehensive course and the non-academic courses - P.E. and NSTP).

                The general education courses are in accordance with the requirements of the CHED Memorandum Order No. 59, s.1996 - The New General Education Curriculum B (GEC -B).

                The technical courses includes 13 units Mathematics, 9 units Natural Sciences, and 18 units Basic Engineering Courses.

                The curriculum has 36 professional courses, specialization courses, and architecture comprehensive course.

 

Administration


  • Ar. Sylvester Shaun D. Seño
    Dean