College of Pharmacy

Adamson University’s Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy program was opened in June 5, 1947 as a new program to elevate then Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry to University status with a diverse set of offered degrees. It received government recognition in 1951. Former President Fr. Rolando Dela Goza, C.M. described the College to be “destined to become a success, ably administered by its deans, Felipe Logan (1947-1950), Dr. Paulino Taningco (1950-1951) Dr. Juan Rosales (1951-1969), Iluminado M. Cada Sr. (1970-1975), Eladio M. Tinio (1976-1992), Dr. Juliet Uy (1992-1996), Prof. Eleodora G. Lorenzo (1996-2004), and Dr. Marcelo Severino B. Imasa (2004-2007).

          The College of Pharmacy was initially situated in the Saint Vincent Building along with a botanical garden near the Saint Vincent de Paul Parish Church. Upon the turnover of the Saint Theresa’s Building to the Vincentian Fathers, the office of the College was transferred its third floor.

           Enrollment has steadily increased since it was opened, reaching its peak in 1988 with more than a thousand students, 30% of whom were international students most notably from Jordan, Palestine, Thailand, Korea, Africa and Iran.

           The College attained one of its glorious era from 1985 to 1989 when graduates topped Pharmacy Licensure Examinations, in the country and abroad, although it was Florentina del Rosario who opened the gates to future Adamsonian PLE topnotchers after placing 9th in 1961. In 1988, Daniel Rivera landed at 1st place in the same exam. Meanwhile, Chatchawan Liewwatnaham and Kittikom Jotisakulratana, Adamsonians hailing from Thailand, topped the licensure examinations for pharmacists administered by the Royal Thai government in 1987 and 1988, respectively. Lastly, Erwin Rodenas capped 7th place in the 2009 edition of the PLE.

          CoP has produced top-caliber pharmacists who occupy significant positions in pharmaceutical companies; who have ventured beyond and have become owners of leading drugstores, drug laboratories; and who are actively involved in professional organizations and community outreach projects through government offices and non-government organizations.

          Instrumental to its success are the dedicated men and women of the College -- the faculty to the staff and the alumni -- who have been pivotal in ensuring that the College and its students have the best and updated equipment at their disposal. In the pursuit of excellence, however, it is a collaborative effort along with the educators who remain the heart and soul of the College of Pharmacy, fulfilling the founding vision of the University.

Administration


  • Mrs. Perlita M. Crucis
    Dean