In line with the current DOH advisory on the spread of Influenza A (H1N1) virus in the country, everyone is enjoined to take the following precautionary measures to avoid its possible spread in our university.
1. Be alert on the following symptoms in any of your staff/faculty/students:
c. Sore throat
d. Diarrhea and vomiting
2. If you are sick, do some self-monitoring and stay home. Limit your contact with other people.
3. All students, faculty, and employees who have travel abroad are strongly advised to monitor their body temperature daily for up to ten (10) days from their date of arrival and to contact health authorities as soon as possible if they become ill during this period.
4. All students, faculty, and employees who arrived from overseas travel from June 1, 2009 are required to submit their names to the ST. To do so please call (02) 524-2011 local 200.
5. To hasten the diagnosis of Influenza A (H1N1) and to eliminate other similar illnesses, everyone is advised to be vaccinated with the Flu Vaccine. This is available at the ST Clinic for a discounted price of Php600. Interested employees are requested to sign up at the clinic and on or before June 19, 2009 for reservation. The fee can be paid at the Treasurer's Office; please present your official receipt when making your reservation. Administration of the vaccine will be done on June 23, 2009.
6. Brochures and other reading materials about A (H1N1) are available at all campus clinics for your perusal.
Please be guided accordingly.
(Sgd) Janice T. Ang, MD
Director, Center for Health Services
(Sgd) Rev. Fr. Gregorio L. Bañaga, Jr., C.M.