to January 19
Application for March Graduation
Christmas Vacation Begins
News - July 2010
UAAP Code of Conduct For Fans
Date Posted: Jul 23, 2010 at 02:31:25 AM
Adopted by the UAAP Board
Historically, sport was determined to be the more positive way of settling disputes between warring nations. Why? Because rules were instigated to effect a measure of control on the athletes and the conduct of activity. Next, the officials saw to it that the rules were applied to all and last, the fans could cheer for their “heroes” who brought them honor and glory. This illustrates the connection between these three participants involved in a sporting event, which has thus remained to the present.
As the official organizing body of the UAAP, the Board of Directors observed the escalating problem of violence during UAAP games, particularly those involving players and fans. With the over-all objective of creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all supporters/participants of UAAP games/events, the UAAP Board of Directors prepared this Fan Code of Conduct as a guide to expected behaviors.
The Code of Conduct
- Athletes, coaches, and sports officials will respect and appreciate each and every fan.
- Fans will be treated in a consistent, professional, and courteous manner by all UAAP/sport facility personnel.
- Fans will sit only in their ticketed seats and will show their tickets when requested.
- Fans will enjoy the UAAP sport event free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language and obscene gestures (i.e., fighting, taunting, or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten, or bring discomfort to anyone in the stadium). Any fan engaging in such will be warned by the UAAP/sport facility personnel. A repetition of the said behavior will subject the fan to ejection from the facility.
- Fans carrying signs or wearing clothing with obscene, derogatory, or indecent messages will be requested to discard the said sign or wear the shirt inside out.
- Fans observed to be under the influence of a prohibited substance (i.e., alcoholic beverages, dangerous drugs, etc.) may need intervention and must be handled in a prompt and safe manner by the UAAP/sport facility security/personnel.
- Fans will not engage in fighting or throwing objects. Those who engage in any of these actions will immediately be ejected from the game/venue.
- Fans will smoke in designated smoking areas only.
- Fans will comply with requests from sport facility personnel regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Fans in possession of any item considered dangerous by the UAAP/sport facility personnel will be requested to turn over the said item which can also be retrieved after the event.
Fans may report any inappropriate behavior to the sport facility personnel to (02) 526-4553 and please indicate contact number of UAAP host school.