Mission and Vision
The Chemistry Department, in line with the Vision/Mission of the University has the following objectives in offering a 4-year B.S. Chemistry program:
The University started as the Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry on July 1, 1932. It was founded by Dr. George Lucas Adamson, a Greek Chemist, who operated on the principle "A maximum amount of practical education in a minimum amount of time." Dr. George Lucas Adamson saw the potential of the bountiful natural resources available in the country that could be converted to processed products right here in our own territory. For the country to be involved in manufacturing, its citizens must have the practical knowledge to harness raw materials into finished products.
Over the years, a substantial number of alumni had brought honor to the University by way of being topnotchers in the Chemistry Board Examinations. To name a few: Cynthia Carmona, Ismael Arrojado (†), Norma Silvestre and Nina Ricci Buenaseda-Arroyo. Moreover, the Department had produced illustrious alumni like Mr. Recaredo Santos (†), Head of the Department for more than 10 years; Ruth Lane Uy-Asmundson, Ph.D. Chem., the first Filipina-Mayor (Davis City) in the U.S.A. ; Mrs. Lourdes Dacumos-Supetran, co-owner of ACS Manufacturing, makers of PRIDE; General Lina Castillo-Sarmiento, the first lady 2-Star General in the Philippine National Police, among others.